What does a job search look like today versus 20, 10 or even 5 yrs ago? For some of the clients I work with, it’s been a while since they interviewed. This episode offers a great refresher for anyone conducting a job search.
My guest is Mac Prichard the founder and publisher of Mac’s List, an online platform that connects talented professionals with meaningful, local work opportunities. Founded in Portland, Oregon in 2001, Mac’s List serves job seekers and employers with a job board as well as courses, books, events, and other resources that bring people together to find better jobs and happier careers.
Bring your job search into the 21st century. Mac and I discuss the “modern job search”: what’s changed, what’s the same, new trends, the latest tools, and creative ways job seekers are getting noticed.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Don’t Take This Job (article)
- You Are Worth It (article)
- Mac’s List
- Mac’s Find Your Dream Job podcast
- How to Write a 21st Century Resume
- Invitation from Mac to free webinar about how to hack the hidden job market
- Article Mac mentioned about how to find anyone’s email address
- Hunter: Find Email Addresses in Seconds – Google Chrome extension. If you go to a company’s website and click on the extension icon, it gives you the most common form of email that the company uses. You can also search a specific person’s name to see if their email has been verified. The only downside is that it isn’t always accurate and you have to use the Google Chrome browser, but it’s been helpful to some of my clients.
- Top Career Podcasts Guide for 2019