Knowing how to write with influence can make all the difference when it comes to your career success. That’s why I’m so excited on this episode to feature author Carla Bass who literally wrote the book on the subject: Write to Influence!
A retired Air Force Colonel, Carla served 30 years active duty and another 12 with a federal agency. During that time she wrote letters for executive-level signature; reports for senior military leaders; hundreds of personnel appraisals; nominations for awards, congressional fellowships. She composed elevator speeches, talking points, and executive correspondence, many of which were sent to Congress and the White House. In all instances, each word and every second of the audience’s time counted. Listen in as Carla shares her experience writing to influence with you so you can strategically craft an effective thank you letter and resume to nail your dream job!
Links to resources mentioned in the show:
- How to Write an Elevator Pitch with the Personal Touch
- Learn more and Register for Maggie’s Live NYC Seminar and Networking Event on How to Attract More Success
- NBC News article featuring Maggie’s advice on editing your resume
- New York Times article featuring Maggie’s advice on how to respond to tricky personal questions when starting a new job
- StayAdventours Culture and Culinary Tour of Mexico City