Recently I heard from a client that working with me was the “best money she ever spent.” Take care of your loved ones this holiday season with career-inspired gift ideas that truly are an investment in their future.
Gifts for job seekers and career changers:
- For those who could use support and accountability, career coaching gift certificates offer professional guidance for your loved one’s needs and goals.
- Self-study materials like my Soul Search, Research and Job Search workbooks offer a proven process for those looking to move forward.
- For someone who likes travel, gift a calendar featuring amazing destinations or purchase/contribute to a career exploration retreat.
- For those who want flexible or remote work, give a subscription to a job board like Flexjobs.com
Gifts for those looking to re-enter the work force or get a career refresh:
- Purchase a resume and/or LinkedIn revamp session or a book such at Write to Influence! and support someone in crafting their resume to land their dream job.
- Set up a consultation with a personal shopper/stylist or get a gift card for sites like StitchFix.
- Positive affirmations motivate and put one in the proper mindset. One of my favorites is The Success Indicator. You can get it in posters, laptop skin, coffee mug, etc.
Gifts for the eager learner new to the workforce:
- Gift a ticket to a career seminar, networking event or conference. Sign up for my mailing list to learn about upcoming events and purchase tickets.
- Purchase a tried and true self-help book like The Success Principles (listen to my interview with the author Jack Canfield).
Gifts to celebrate a loved one or friend’s achievement.
- Celebrate career milestones like graduation or 20 yrs in a career with a plaque or glass art (engraved glass version of diploma for instance) or with a classy pen, cuff links, or jewelry. I’ve been gifted some lovely items my friend from Stella + Dot. Even an engraved watch is still a hit.
- Or get creative and buy an advertisement for their business in the local paper – celebrate them and their years in business!
This holiday season, when you look for thoughtful gifts to show you care, consider these options and gift your friends and loved ones something that gives back the whole year through. Happiest of holidays to you & yours!